Search This Blog

Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

Dinner in a muffin pan

I don't really follow recipes for simple food. I gather ideas off random blogs and make my own version. I belong to an online cook club and our October ingredient was apples, and I recently discovered a blog that posts recipes using only ingrediants from Aldi (a discount grocery store). Anyway, all those ideas together I created "Dinner in a Muffin Pan" It was so easy and so quick I will do this again. Audrey even liked the food "Oh, Wow" she said when she tasted her "muffins"

So my dinner in a muffin pan consisted of BBQ chicken pizza, cream filled apple "dumplings", and glazed carrots.

I used 1 refridgerated package of biscuits. I flattened each biscuit and put it in the muffin tin. 5 of them were apple I took 1/4 block cream cheese and microwaved a couple seconds so it was soft and mixed it with 1/2 container of pudding (individual single serve vanilla). I put the pudding mixture on top of each of the 5 biscuits. I cored and sliced an apple. I put the apple pieces on top of the pudding mixture. The onto the pizza muffins. (these can be made any way you would make a pizza) I chose BBQ chicken. The remaining 5 biscuits were sprinkled with garlic powder. I sautted onions and chicken on the stove until the chicken was fully cooked (I used 1/2 of a boneless skinless chicken breast) On top of the biscuit I layered in this order, BBQ sauce, chicken onion mixture, and sharp cheddar cheese. I had 2 spaces left after making the "muffins" so I decided on a veggies. I filled each spot with frozen carrots added a tsp of butter and a sprinkle of brown sugar. I baked the whole muffin tin at 375 about 20 minutes until the biscuits were done. It was good. The apple biscuits were not very sweet. You could probably sprinkle brown sugar before the pudding mixture if you wanted it sweeter. But I liked them as they were.

Cream filled apple "dumpling"
refridgerated biscuits
cream cheese
vanilla pudding
apples

BBQ chicken "pizza"
refridgerated biscuits

BBQ sauce
onion
chicken
cheddar cheese

Enough to feed 2 with extra for mom's work lunch

1 comment:

  1. Wow...this is why I love blog land. This is neat...and my 4 year old would love this too. I have never thought of doing this. Thanks for the idea

    ReplyDelete